frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Clone existing Linux VPS?

I have a Linux VPS running Ubuntu and want to setup a new one which will be very similar to the existing one.  To save me the effort of setting it up from scratch is it possible to start it as a clone of the existing one?

Comments

• At the moment there is no such possibility. However we have this function on our ToDo list.
  • Thanks, I don't suppose it is likely to appear in the next couple of weeks is it?
  • You're right. It is not a simple task and will take longer to develop and perfect.
  • So its not possible to restore a backup to different vps ? 
  • WilliamWilliam Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Hello Dimitris,
    our generated backups of a service can be uploaded to a different VPS instance, only if the backup and the second VPS are both of Container VPS type. For other service types backups can only be uploaded to the same instance, of which the backup was generated.