frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Are any ports blocked by time4vps?

Hi,

I'm trying to set up my mail server and I'm having trouble with blocked ports, specifically 25 and 587 (both for smtp). It looks like no connections are coming to my server (checked with tcpdump). I can connect to other ports (80, 8080 etc) without problem. I can connect to port 25 from localhost and everything works, but no connections are coming through from the outside. So my question is, does time4vps block any common ports like 25?

Comments

• LawrenceLawrence Member
    edited July 2021
    Hello darwin,

we only block port 25. We recommend submitting a ticket and we will unblock it for you.
  • darwindarwin Member
    Hi Lawrence,

thanks for your answer. I can confirm that the problem was caused by my VPN and it wasn't your fault.
This discussion has been closed.

Time4VPS

Learn how to install a web and database server, email, FTP client or other applications. Discover and share information on server security or optimization recommendations.
Feel free to join our constantly expanding community, participate in discussions, strengthen your knowledge on Linux and Windows server management!
© 2013 - 2024 Time4VPS. All rights reserved.

Get In Touch