cPanel is a Linux-based web hosting control panel that provides a graphical interface and automation tools designed to simplify the process of hosting a web site. cPanel utilizes a 3 tier structure that provides capabilities for administrators, resellers, and end-user website owners to control the various aspects of website and server administration through a standard web browser.
In addition to the GUI, cPanel also has command line and API-based access that allows third party software vendors, web hosting organizations, and developers to automate standard system administration processes.
More information can be found on official web page:http://cpanel.com/ cPanel & WHM template
In Time4VPS you are able to install cPanel & WHM template really easy and fast, only with few mouse clicks:
- Login to the Client Area;
- Select at the top of menu the "My Services > VPS" tab;
- Press the "Manage" button at the service table;
- Press the "Install OS" button;
- Choose operating system, agree with warning and press "Continue";
- Wait for 5-10 minutes and refresh VPS management page.
cPanel & WHM template contains:
1. Login to WHM
- CentOS 7
- Apache 2.4.33
- PHP 5.6.36
- MySQL 5.6.38
WHM uses 2087 port, so to connect to control panel on you internet browser enter:
Login details are your server's "root" login details, which you can find on Client Area.2. Adding new cPanel account to WHM
3. Login to cPanel
- On the left side menu press "Account Functions"
- Select "Create a New Account"
- Enter all needed data and click "Create".
cPanel uses 2083 port, so to connect to control panel on you internet browser enter:
Login details are the same as your entered while creating cPanel account.4. Adding Email Account
To create an email account:
5. Adding New FTP user
- Press on "Email Accounts"
- Enter email username, password, specify the quotas and press "Create Account".
In order to add a FTP user:
6. Adding Database
- Select "FTP Accounts"
- Type in FTP account username and password, select assigned folder, specify the quotas and select "Create FTP Account".
7. Adding Additional Domain
- In main of cPanel control panel select "MySQL® Databases"
- To create a new database enter the desired database name under "Create New Database" and select "Create Database"
- To create a new database user enter the new database user login name, password under "Add New User" and select "Create user"
- To assign the database user specific data base under "Add User To Database" select which user for which database you want to add and click "Add".
8. Password reset
- In main of cPanel control panel select "Addon Domains"
- Under "Create an Addon Domain" enter the desired domain name, the main folder, an FTP user name and password and click "Add Domain.
In order to change your "root" user password for WHM, you need to simply connect to your server via SSH and run this command:
it will ask you to enter and re-type your new password. If everything is correct you will see this result:
passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.
For more information on how to use the cPanel & WHM Control Panel can be found by visiting the following link:https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/ALD/cPanel+User+Documentation
I really appreciate the excellent and clear explanation of cPanel. I have found this informative article to be very helpful for new web host administrators. I am now comfortable with cPanel and I am confident that it will be the right tool for them. It is very easy to follow your step-by-step directions on getting cPanel installed and then performing various tasks such as adding email accounts, FTP users, and databases. I have read your detailed description of cPanel and have enjoyed looking into it for further information. I will use cPanel for all my web hosting needs.