frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Install FTP Server on Ubuntu with VSFTPD

Hello everyone,

Here's what I've done so far:

• Installed VSFTPD using sudo apt install vsftpd.
  • Edited the /etc/vsftpd.conf file to configure the server as per the recommendations in the guide.
  • Enabled and started the VSFTPD service.

I've been trying to set up an FTP server on my Ubuntu machine using VSFTPD and have hit a bit of a roadblock. Despite following the usual steps to install and configure VSFTPD, I'm facing issues with the server connection.

I came across a detailed tutorial that explains the entire process of setting up an FTP service on Ubuntu, including installation, configuration, and managing firewall rules. You can find it in this guide about setting up VSFTPD on Ubuntu. The guide was very thorough and I made sure to follow each step carefully.

Despite these efforts, I still can't connect to the FTP server. The client keeps timing out, and I can't figure out what I'm missing. Has anyone else experienced similar issues with VSFTPD on Ubuntu? Are there any additional steps or common catches that I might have overlooked?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your assistance!