frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Ubuntu 20.4 on kvm

Hello All,

Can I apply a new source list to migrate my ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04 now ?

Thanks

Comments

• JustinaJustina Moderator

Hello,

at the moment, we do not have Ubuntu 20.04 OS available on our servers.

Since Linux VPS servers use KVM virtualization, you can try installing Ubuntu 20.04 there on your own.

We are currently working on an Ubuntu 20.04 template. When it is fully ready for use, we will inform our customers.

• Ok so no restriction about KVM ? I can migrate as usual with ubuntu tools ?

• GiedriusGiedrius Administrator

Hey @stealth

our VPS are self-managed, so basically you can configure anything you want if it is compatible with technical limits of your package.

Upgrading OS is also possible, but we don't recommend it. You can do it but be sure to know it could lead to server becoming corrupted and not responsive, so be sure to make backups before that.

• I confirm grub error

A schedule for 20.04 template ?

• If beta tester is needed I can try

• GiedriusGiedrius Administrator

At the moment, there is no ETA on this template.

I would recommend you following our social channels, you will see all the updates or new features announced there.