frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Windows VPS Server sending black screen

I have a windows vps server, when i close the remote desktop connection, then the vps server is still running but he does have only a black screen. I know that because i have install a software which is sending the screen.

I need the vps server keep sending normal colored screen, also after i close my remote desktop connection, how can i make that?

Somebody in the time4vps chat did gived me this link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15887729/can-the-gui-of-an-rdp-session-remain-active-after-disconnect

but i was not able to slove it. The is a code in the linked side:

for /f "skip=1 tokens=3" %%s in ('query user %USERNAME%') do (tscon.exe %%s /dest:console)

somebody did write that you just need to run this code in the shell, but when i do that i just get a error message.

and i also did buyed a second vps server from which i did make a remote desktop connection to the first vps server, and i did let the remote desktop connection open, but that also have not help, when i close the vps server which connects to the other vps server the remote desktop connection keeps alive but the vps server is continue to send black screen.

Comments

• GiedriusGiedrius Administrator

Hey @TM4VPSUSER

can you explain the problem here and the purpose of that idea? So I could have an idea of what could be the possible suggestions

Your server runs normally, even if you have disconnected from Remote Desktop Connection.
    However, it's important to understand that server only runs a graphic interface when you are connected (session is created). If you disconnect from RDP, then it also stops using the graphic interface as that has no purpose and it would just be a waste of resources.

So if you had made some script to send you a screenshot of the Desktop, you get a black screen as it doesn't have that Desktop session active.

• Yes thats the problem that the graphic interface stops to work when you close the Remote Desktop Connection and i am looking for a solution to make the graphic interface contonue working also after disconnect. because my software i sending screen display from vps server and a back screen is sended now after disconnect, instead of the screen which you see when connected with working graphic interface.

• GiedriusGiedrius Administrator

This isn't a normal thing so there is no specific way to just do that.

RDP creates a graphical interface between a client and a server, if you close the RDP, it closed the desktop service - that is how normally Windows works.

What you asking here is not something that can be done on normal configuration, I can only imagine it could be done via some workaround, but I can't provide a specific example.

If you could tell me what is the purpose of that screenshot and what it supposed to capture, perhaps there is another, the better way to get you notification from a server periodically.