frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

[bug] Wrong ssl cert on forum site

testtest Member
edited March 2016 in Feature Request/Bug Report
Wrong ssl cert on forum site: wrong domain.

Comments

• RomanRoman Member
    Hello,

Thank you for feedback. could you please tell us why do you need SSL certificate on the forum where there is no sensitive information being transferred?
  • RomanRoman Member
    P.S. SSL support enabled.
  • testtest Member
    Roman said:

Thank you for feedback. could you please tell us why do you need SSL certificate on the forum where there is no sensitive information being transferred?

For login and register, I think a password is a sensitive information ;)
    (I often use free hotspots, so ssl is needed to protect against spoofing & sniffing)
    Roman said:

P.S. SSL support enabled.

Thanks!

I would recommend you to check your ssl config, actually there seems to be a security flaw by the new DROWN attack.
    https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=community.time4vps.com
  • RomanRoman Member
    Hello,

Thank you for note regarding SSL certificate security. We have reviewed results which provided by SSLlabs and our server configuration. No SSL security flaws was detected, it's possible that SSLlabs tool is outdated or inaccurate.
  • eweewe Member
    @Roman: Yeah, shurely ssllabs is outdated or inaccurate...
    People who say on a forum, there is no sensitive information transfered, dont know what they talkin about.
    SSLLabs know exactly what they are doin, and mostly they are right.
This discussion has been closed.

Time4VPS

Learn how to install a web and database server, email, FTP client or other applications. Discover and share information on server security or optimization recommendations.
Feel free to join our constantly expanding community, participate in discussions, strengthen your knowledge on Linux and Windows server management!
© 2013 - 2024 Time4VPS. All rights reserved.

Get In Touch