frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

CentOS 7 Cron Error - Is it normal or serious?

Hello,

Just setup my first CentOS 7 server (always used Debian until now) and after initial setup and configuration I have received in the first 24 hours of operation 2 emails separated in time by 1 minute with the following:

---
SUBJECT: Cron <root@backup01eu> run-parts /etc/cron.hourly

Could not parse metalink https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=epel-7&arch=x86_64 error was No repomd file
---

I’m just a newbie with CentOS 7 and this error after some research seems to be just a temporary network error when server was trying to get updates using cron, because if I round a manual “yum update” all is ok.

Server has automatic security updates enabled and "epel" setup due to use fail2ban.

So, nothing to worry about this error and is a normal error? Or I’m really just a “baby newbie” and something is really wrong with my server?

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• RomanRoman Member
    Hello,

If this error persists than it's definitely not normal. Please contact support for further investigation.