frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Wireguard on Container VPS with Debian?

Hi everybody, new user here but quite an old customer of Time4VPS.

I'd like to know if it's possible to use Wireguard VPN on a Container VPS with the latest Debian version on it. I have seen that an old Container VPS that I already own has Debian 10 and a 4.19 kernel on it, and as far as I know a 4.19 kernel should be enough, but if wireguard modules are not compiled outside of the container it will not work anyway, am I right?

I mean, I cannot compile the modules INSIDE the container, can I?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Comments

• JustinaJustina Moderator

Hello

although you will be able to install Wireguard in Container VPS, its kernel module will not be installed. Container VPS servers do not have the ability to adjust kernel settings.

So in this case, we recommend purchasing a server that uses KVM virtualization - Linux VPS.

• Thanks a lot.