frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

¿How to start the Ubuntu OS?

Very good day to all, I write for the following question, I just bought a Linux vps, I already installed the ubuntu 16.04 OS, but when I give the option "Connect via SSH" a console appears, I put the name of root user and his password .. But after there I don't know what to do. In summary, I want to start using the OS and I can't find the way, the only thing I see on the screen is the console. I hope they can help you, I hope your answers, thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• GiedriusGiedrius Administrator

in general, the Linux OS are managed via SSH (Command line), which means when you connect to the server via SSH, you need to enter the specific commands and install/manage your server the way you want. If you are not sure on how to use the SSH, you may want to consider reinstalling the server and choosing some OS template that has either Remote Desktop or a control panel vith a graphic interface, which will most likely be easier.
  • valkiria113valkiria113 Member
    edited August 2019
    Giedrius said:

in general, the Linux OS are managed via SSH (Command line), which means when you connect to the server via SSH, you need to enter the specific commands and install/manage your server the way you want. If you are not sure on how to use the SSH, you may want to consider reinstalling the server and choosing some OS template that has either Remote Desktop or a control panel vith a graphic interface, which will most likely be easier.

Yes, I just wrote to a friend asking for that and I said the same thing, I will have to do it that way, thank you very much..